With the evolution of SEO during the past few years, it has been a cat and mouse play between the various states of SEO and the ever changing scenario in algorithms, by Google. Playing an important part in this game is the social media, which has come of late into the limelight as being one of the indispensable factors when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. With both SEO and Social Media Marketing being inbound strategies and organic, the combination of both can be helpful in building a website that has the natural appeal to attract visitors.
It has been a general practice to consider social media as an integral part of SEO strategy. The fact has been supported by reports from surveys carried out on agencies and companies engaged in SEO practices. It is the social signals such as likes on Facebook and following on Twitter, that helps visitors to get an idea on the profile and trustworthiness of a company. SEO marketers are giving more importance on social media to help websites gather momentum in reaching high ranks in the search engine pages. The ways through which the social media can help with SEO strategy include:
- Encouraging Inbound Links that are External – It is through social media that your website content has more chances to be linked by inbound links, that come from external sites. The more inbound links you have, the more authority you are able to build to showcase your online prominence.
- Increase in Numbers of Followers – There can be nothing like having, say a million followers on Twitter or likes in Facebook to stamp your authority to have a significant influence on the search engine page rankings.
Optimization for searches of your posts – New contents and entries of Knowledge Graph and social media updates which are popular, can help in improving your rankings, but what you will need is a strong anchor for all your posts.
- Social Sharing – Sharing on the social media, your posts, such as in Facebook or Twitter, can help your brand identity to gain more significance. Validation of your brand from outside sources can help in improving your status in your domain.
- Posts that are Locally Optimized – Social Media provides you a strong platform for engaging in social community, by sending signals that are validated by the local authority, to help search engines index your web pages. Posting updates whenever you get involved in community activities, can help attract the search engines.
- Increase in Brand Awareness – Social Media is an indispensable platform to highlight your brand identity through syndication of high quality content by search engines. In this way, you are able to increase your company reputation in social media.
It cannot be denied that content is the king, as high quality content can draw visitors like honey can draw swarms of bees, and when the content is shared in the social media, there can be nothing better for your website to be optimized. You will find SEO services prioritizing their strategy with social media as the main weapon, where, the usefulness of the strong platform build by social media cannot be denied. As and when you share your ads with others through the social networking platforms, you stand more chance to be followed by increasing numbers of followers. Embedding your content with RSS feeds and You Tube for example, can help you to develop a SMO strategy that could well be result oriented. Social Media Marketing can be an indispensable tool for increasing the online visibility of your brand, and in the process help your website reach higher ranking.